Sunday 25 March 2012

The Next Step...Where do I go from here???....

Where do I go from here?...What is my next step??

It wasn't even 12 hours after my photo shoot with Fab Fem and the Body by Bongelli that I had people asking me..."So what are your next goals"...I was thinkin in my head...My current goal is to eat a large hamburger...and perhaps even some french fries-lol... I was still just basking in the glow of my amazing whirlwind day, and enjoying the feeling of being finished a goal that was sooo hard to achieve!!

As the weeks went on I started to think....Man...what DO I do next?...GRR back to that feeling of limbo...my workouts didn't have a real purpose anymore....The end had come. I do enjoy goals and I felt very "goalless"

In my first blog I spoke about running, and how it made me feel...how it was something I did JUST for ME...it was my time...ME against ME. I started to think about running the same half marathon that I had run before I started training with Craig...but the thoughts of failure crept into my head....what if I'm not good at running anymore??...how will all this added muscle effect my running??...how can I do both?...run and weight train?....I didn't want to give up or loose any of the gains I had made.

I posted on Facebook that I was thinkin of running again....I actually love the input from others...I like to hear from other people in fitness, other walks of life...those close to me...and those that really are just FB friends. In the end all decisions are mine...I find that I often get responses that make me think...and I value that.

I heard from two people who's opinions and advice truly matter...Sandra and Alyssa...they both said...Of course you should run!!...it's where you started...and it's what you should do again!!...Running is who you are. I got goose bumps when I read there responses...and I also felt sick to my stomach at the thought of failure. Anyone that really knows me knows...I don't do Failure OR Embarrassment.

I went into work that night and Chris a trainer sent a client down to talk to me about weight loss and keeping it off...she happened to be a runner. I had goosebumps as I spoke with her...we connected and I knew she was my sign...my kick in the butt to just swallow any fears and try to kill my previous running times...to jump back in and fall in love with the sport all over again.

She told me about an awesome 10k in Toronto....she said the metal is so juicy and beautiful...runners run for the metals and the t-shirts ;)...she had me at the thought of another beautiful metal. The Toronto 10k is my starting point for this season...April 22nd is my day to jump back in!!

My Temptation ;)
So at the end...I'm in...I've chosen to swallow my fears of failure...and hit the pavement with the same dedication I gave to my training with Craig. I feel it's the perfect challenge for me...a battle between  me and my mind...I know I have the body to run...Craig gave me loads of strength...now its all about training my mind to deal with long runs again. The battle for runners is the fight your brain has with your body...one wants to go...the other wants to stop...it's sick that we love it...but I KNOW it makes me stronger...every time I keep going...I totally WIN ;)

Some times you just need a sign...you have to be willing to see the sign...and to have the guts to jump.

So...I'm Jumping-Gulp...GOAL is to finishing the Niagara Half Marathon in under 2hrs...BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment